Tuesday, December 3, 2013

hullo there!

WOW!!This feels like ages.
Have had a really long break (not a planned one though) from blogging.
But with whatever kept me pre-occupied, i have managed to capture a few moments from the past few months!!

Below, are a few pictures, mostly from my visits to the husband's ancestral village in coastal Maharashtra and then to my parents' home in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.

So, here is a glimpse of the two states...!
Preparations before a puja.
A quaint village life...


Petting some furry friends...
Sun-light and the beautiful patterns it creates...


 Onset of autumn..


Simple pleasures.

And these are a few pictures from my visit to my parents' home.
Apart from stuffing myself silly with masala dosas, vada sambhar and my mom's heavenly home cooked food....I haven't done much.
But, I promise to click some better ones on my next trip.

A Temple car/chariot or Ther
Simple yet striking kolam -rangolis made with rice flour paste outside every home.
Murals depicting various Gods and their incarnations.



Images: Personal.


warm wishes,
AFHS.

1 comment:

  1. You have an amazing blog covering topics relating Incredible India's glorious heritage. You are multi tasking abilities of paintings, photography etc. many things and it is really amazing feat.

    Best wishes for your career and personal goals.

    This is Lamps of India message which i shared in my Heritage of India blog.

    http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/09/lamps-of-india.html

    Please look into my Lamps of India message and share your inspirational comments.

    I like your great blog and joined as a member just now and i hope you also join as a member to my Heritage of India blog.

    ReplyDelete